- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 4 (4 ounce) Catfish Fillets (Skinned)
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- In a shallow bowl, mix together black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, oregano, and thyme.
- Press the catfish fillets into the spice mixture to coat.
- Arrange a butane burner or side burner of a gas grill. Melt butter in a glass or metal bowl. Light the burner, and place a large cast-iron skillet onto the burner over high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of melted butter into the skillet; set remaining 1/2 cup of butter aside.
- When the butter in the skillet is smoking hot, lay the catfish fillets into the skillet. Cook until the spices are burned onto the fillets and the catfish is opaque and flaky inside, about 3 minutes per side. Don't breathe smoke from burning spices. To serve, pour remaining 1/2 cup of butter over the catfish.