• 2 lbs Fresh Ontario Walleye (Pickerel) Fillets (Skinless)
• 1 Cold Beer
• 1 Pkg Rockey Maden Beer Batter Mix
1) Rinse the fillets well with cold water and pat dry.
2) Cut into 1-ounce portions. Mix up the beer batter as the package directs using your favourite beer. Coat walleye portions in the batter.
3) Heat up your oil to 375F. Using tongs, carefully place the battered walleye into the hot oil & fry the fish until they are golden brown ( approx 3-4 minutes).
4) Use a thermometer to ensure the oil stays between 350-375F.
5) Remove fish from the oil, place on some paper towel to remove any excess oil. Serve immediately with your favourite tartar sauce or aioli. Also great for fish tacos!