- 1 lbs Sea Scallops & 21-25ct P+D Black Tiger Shrimp
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Garlic Butter
- Old Bay Seasoning (to Taste)
- Black Cracked Pepper (to Taste)
- Rinse the shrimp and scallops gently with cold water. If you are using shell-on shrimp be sure to remove all shells prior to cooking.
- Spread the shrimp and scallops out on a cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Season well with Old Bay seasoning and fresh cracked black pepper.
- In a large non-stick frying pan combine 3 tbsp of garlic butter with 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Gently warm until garlic butter is completely melted and well mixed with the olive oil.
- You want to ensure that the bottom of the pan is completely covered with about a half-inch of oil/butter mixture, so add more if necessary. Heat the oil/butter mixture to nearly the smoking point and add the shrimp and scallops using a pair of tongs.
- Let the scallops and shrimp sear on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Using tongs remove the shrimp and scallops from the pan and place them on a plate or serving tray. Serve as an appetizer or place on top of a steak for a special meal.