Fresh Icelandic Arctic Char fillets, skin-on, boneless, aquaculture. Sold and shipped in 1 lb (454g) increments.
Arctic char has a rich taste relatable to somewhere between salmon and trout. The skin is very thin and crisps beautifully.
Try this featured recipe with this product.
Crisp-Skinned Arctic Char
- 2 to 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 5-oz. skin-on Arctic char fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Season the fish well with salt and pepper.
- Cook, skin side down and undisturbed, for 7 minutes. The fillets will cook from the bottom up so that the flesh stays moist while the skin gets so crisp that it crackles; if the skin becomes crisp before the top of the fish finishes cooking (it should look just opaque), flip it over and cook very briefly to finish.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.