- 8 Fresh Large “Dry Packed” Sea Scallops
- 1 Large Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Sea Salt and Pepper
1) In a large skillet, melt the clarified butter and warm to a medium heat.
2) Add garlic to the butter and sauté gently for 1-2 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic.
3) Season Scallops with salt and place in hot pan.
4) Sear scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side until they have a nice brown crust. It is important in this step not to unnecessarily touch the scallop, to achieve the optimal sear leave the scallop alone to allow time for the sear to complete.
5) Remove the Scallops from the pan and serve immediately.